A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the Tidal River Great Ouse from Denver to Kings Lynn and the coast from Kings Lynn to Hunstanton.
Flooding is possible for West Norfolk next to the Tidal River Great Ouse between Denver and Kings Lynn and the Coast between Kings Lynn and Hunstanton .
Low lying coastal land and roads will be affected first.
Reference Port: Kings Lynn
The time and date of the forecast high water is 19:15 on 21/03/2011.
The forecast tide level is 4.7m.
The forecast surge height is 0.066m.
The forecast wind direction is SSW.
The forecast wind strength is Force F3.
Owners of vehicles parked on the South Quay in Kings Lynn are advised to move them to higher ground.
– Be prepared to protect yourself, family, pets and property.
– Prepare a flood kit including a torch, batteries, mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
– Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
– Farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
– Be careful along beaches, promenades, coastal footpaths and roads.
– Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit the Environment Agency website www.environment-agency.gov.uk for river level and flooding information.
– Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 using quickdial 03418 for up-to-date flooding information.
Environment Agency Flood Incident Management
Brampton Office, Bromholme Lane
Floodline Tel: 0845 988 1188
Environment Agency Tel: 0800 80 70 60