Tel: 01284 755953
Action for Children is a leading children’s charity that works with over 300,000 children, young people, parents and carers and run more than 650 services across the UK. They tackle issues of child neglect and abuse, and offer a wide range of innovative services.
They have 24 services in Norfolk alone, including two in Kings Lynn. The Vancouver Children’s Centre based in Fairstead exists to
• Work with parents and children to promote the physical, intellectual and social development of pre-school children, in particular those who are disadvantaged.
• Work with the most vulnerable children and families to ensure they are able to access early years education in order for them to be “school ready” at 5 years old.
• Improve health by supporting parents to promote healthy development of their children before and after birth.
• Increase the children’s ability to learn by promoting early language skills and ensuring the early identification and support of children with special needs.
• And strengthen families and communities by involving families in all decision-making and creating pathways out of poverty.
Another service in Kings Lynn, Norfolk Parenting Pathways, works at the heart of the community to offer support for a wide range of issues facing families. They teach parenting skills to help change behaviour that puts children at risk & offer advice to young and single parents. They also work closely with vulnerable families to prevent their children being taken into care.
Their mission is always to be there for the most vulnerable children and young people, helping them break through injustice, deprivation and inequality, so they can achieve their full potential. They make lives better, now, tomorrow, every day.
If you would like to support Action for Children please visit actionforchildren.org.uk, call their fundraising office on 01284 755953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org